Let’s talk bananas (I actually had to spell this out in my head, Gwen Stefani style. It just doesn’t look like there’s enough n’s). I’ve been watching a lot of Arrested Development (as usual) and if you don’t watch that show (WHY!?) you should probably know that they feature a lot of bananas. Chocolate dipped bananas. On a stick. Holy cow. Are you hungry yet? Just me? Okay. Well then…
I went to the grocery store. Feeling hangry (hungry+angry, come on people!). I decided to feed the crave and bought some bananas. And some chocolate chips. You see where I’m going with this? Probably not. Because I got lazy. And the bananas sat in a basket on my table for a week and started getting brown. And I got sad. But then, I remembered, when your laziness yields brown bananas..make banana bread. And get those chocolate chips in there before you eat the whole bag while you’re watching Netflix. Because you will, trust me. It happened to my friend once. Yeah, that’s what happened. Don’t judge her.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Yields 1 Loaf
- 3 ripe bananas (brown brown brown) peeled and mashed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 c. softened butter
- 2 large eggs (Are there different sizes? Seriously?)
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 2 c. All-Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. mini semisweet chocolate chips (White chips would probably be delicious too. Mmmmmm.)
- Cream sugar and butter and then beat in the mashed bananas, eggs & vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix, slowly add into batter until well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips until well mixed.
- Pour batter into a 9×5 loaf pan that has been greased and floured
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes
- Remove foil and continue to bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool. Eat. Love. Yep. Go back to that TV show.
Sorry I broke up with you for a few days. Life’s busy. I hope you understand, friends.