So, I want to hit you guys with some knowledge. I’ve been drinking tonight. Actually, I’ve been drinking since 3:30 because I had plans of posting this cocktail and well, food blogging requires good lighting. And 5 o’clock is too late for good lighting. Hense the drinking. I mean, I had to test the recipe right? I don’t want to post a recipe that I haven’t tried. Then I would lose your trust. And that would make me frown. So, I did this for your benefit. Don’t judge me.
So, back to this drink. I heard that grapefruits are pretty good for you. So, I decided to put grapefruit in this alcoholic beverage. Nutrients.
Also, I was planning on this being pink…and apparently I bought the wrong kind of grapefruit. But it was delicously refreshing nonetheless. Every last drop. Don’t judge me.
Yields about 2, 8 oz servings
- Juice from 1 Grapefruit, strained
- Juice from 2 Limes, strained
- 1/2 c. of Tequila (Te-kill-ya, if you ask me…Vodka would also work.)
- 2-3 T simple syrup
- 3/4 c. club soda (I used a can of Pamplemousse La Croix..which means grapefruit. Fancy)
- Salt for the rims (I used a Himalayan Pink Sea Salt that I picked up from work. It’s pink. Fancy.)
- Ice, ice baby. (Did I mention I’ve been drinking? Good. Forgive me.)
- Juice them fruits. I got this handy little citrus juicer at Target for 4 bucks. I know. I love Target, too.
- Measure out the tequila and put into a cocktail shaker (or a lidded mason jar) then add the simple syrup and the fruit juice. Cover and shake well.
- Run the rind of a lime around the edge of a cocktail glass and dip into a bowl with a few teaspoons of salt. Work the glass around until the rim is covered in a light layer.
- Place a few ice cubes in the glass and pour about 1/3 cup of the club soda over the ice.
- Pour the shaken tequila mixture over the club soda and lightly stir until blended.
- Drink drank drunk. Repeat. Don’t drive. And be 21. Just covering my bases here.
Happy Saturday, friends.