Oh, hey! Remember me? Yeah, I don’t either. Apparently your WordPress account logs you off if it’s been more than a few days since you last logged in. And I totally forgot my password. Whoops. I’m sorry I’m a crappy blogger. Or…am I?
If you must know what I have been up to…I’ve been suffering mild heart attacks as I realized that I have 8 months until my wedding. 8 months. Frack to the frack. I’ve been trying to figure out how to check off this mile long list of things I need to do. Oh, and also, I got HuluPlus so I can watch where Grey’s Anatomy left off on Netflix. Absolutely. Worth it.
I decided that maybe I should actually get off my couch and make something. So, I decided to put the puff pastry that’s been chilling in my freezer for the past two weeks to use. And I’m glad I did.
You could use any filling you’d like and they’re almost as easy as popping a foil-packaged block into a toaster. Almost.
Strawberry Pop Tarts
Yields 6 Pastries
- 5-6 large strawberries, cleaned and chopped
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 tsp. sugar
- egg wash (1 egg, whisked with 2 T water)
- Unfold the puff pastry sheet and place on a lightly floured surface. Cut the sheet into 3 sections and lightly stretch each section. Cut each strip into 4 rectangles and set aside.
- Chop strawberries and sprinkle them with sugar. Place 6 of the dough squares onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Spoon a tablespoon of the strawberry mixture into the middle of each square. Top them with the other half of the dough squares and use a fork to pinch them shut.
- Brush the tops with egg wash and bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until they are golden brown. Place on a cooling rack to cool and then top with a glaze of your choice. Mine was powdered sugar and milk. Easy, peasy.
They are delicious warm. For breakfast. For dessert. Whatever you want.